Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Miracles... do HAPPEN

The day I decide not to talk any more of CB Series, the day I choose not watch any more of CB series, the day I made up my mind not to write anymore of CB Series, Guess What??? India produced a miracle!!! It was at 10 pm Eastern Time when Dhoni announced the playing XI that still accommodated Ravindra Jadeja, I immediately shut off the TV and went to bed. Purposefully this night, I didn’t carry the IPod Touch so as I resist following scores during sleep. So, every time I woke up (you know why) I forced my way back to sleep. Finally, at 5.40 am, I lost the resistance. I switched the TV cunningly, to watch Dhoni give a sober interview. On the contra, the morning began with the SHOCK. I could not believe what my eyes saw. India had successfully chased a total of 320 with 12 over’s to spare and secured a bonus point win. Oh My God!! This is unbelievable. Yet it is the truth. Now, I regret missing one of the best matches of the decade.

After about 6 hours, I finally finished watching the entire replay of this wonderful run chase. This innings from Kohli brought back the memories of Tendulkar’s Sharjah Storm. Tendulkar first played a stupendous century to qualify India for the finals and then produced another scintillating ton to win the finals against mighty Australians. Today Kohli’s performance displayed that touch of genius. I’m curious to see Kohli repeat the Tendulkar act for India to win the CB series. If this is how it is destined, nobody can stop it.

Apart from Kohli show, there were other factors that went in favor of India. The temperature falling below 14C and the wind making it look 10C, must have hurt Lankans in the evening. Adding salt to the injury, a poor call by Jayawardene to delay the bowling power play as late as 27 overs sealed the game in favor of India.

Much like of a Bollywood movie, when all hopes were down, when the last supporter lost the trust, when the team in total turmoil, raises a hero from ashes to save the massacre. Today, Kohli was that savior. I wish he brushed his success to his colleagues too. However, this victory in all probability can cause more bad than good. It will conceal the politics that is causing the down stride of Indian Cricket; it will hide the failures of Board, Selectors and Players and then turn IPL-5 a raging success. Basically an opportunity for the betterment of Indian Cricket will be LOST.

The selectors meet on 1st March to announce the squad for Asia Cup starting on 13th March 2012. It will be interesting to see what squad will be fielded for this series. Already rumors touting mills that Sehwag, Raina and Jadeja are to be axed and Dhoni, Zaheer Khan to be rested. Also reports surface that Rahane, Robin Bist, Uthappa, Dinesh Karthik, Yusuf Pathan might get a look. Either ways the players axed/rested had earned their break to prepare for the most important event of the Indian Cricket Calendar.

Bottom line: As a loyal fan, I’m keeping my fingers crossed and praying God so as the deserving Sri Lankans lose their way to Australia the next game.

Dinesh
Cricket Lover

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...